Sunday, June 6, 2010

Taking a break.

I feel I am going in a bad direction with some of these paintings. But here is what the next few days are going to look like. Today I have a 7.5 hour shift, blehhhhh. Ill probably come home to work on some sketchbook shit, or maybe I wont do anything at all. This is because after today I am going to have 4 days off. You would think that would be something to look forward to but lately time off is not what I need. So I am going to have to try very hard to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of stupid shit.

SO here is what's going to happen.

I found out about a collage show at the Rochester contemporary art center that they will soon be taking submissions for. I have never been all that talented when it comes to collage but i figure it is so open ended that even if i just use objects to build up a painting surface I could get away with that. We are allowed to submit 3 so I am thinking I want to have at least 5 to pick from.

I miss the feeling of having my work shown, so this is making me feel all giddy!

Keep working everyone.

Love,


Renee

No comments: